Re: v6 multihoming and route filters

On 5 jul 2006, at 03.12, Christian Huitema wrote:

We should really think twice before asking the IETF to publish a
position on this subject. Silence may well be the right approach.

I am with Christian here. The existence of a prefix of a given length in the routing table is dependent on someone deciding this prefix precious enough to accept it. If we take v4 history as an example both Verio and Sprint used to have extremely tight prefix filtering in place. AFAICT not any more. At the end of the day - revenue wins.

I think we should simply leave prefix recommendations out. No prefix allocated or assigned by the RIRs is guaranteed routability....

- kurtis -