Re: [narten@us.ibm.com: PI addressing in IPv6 advances in ARIN]

On 14-apr-2006, at 18:09, James Jun wrote:

How about you start operating a real network and feel the pain of your
enterprise customers who require usability?

How about you do a "show ip bgp" and experience some pain of your own?

IPv6 is a failure

IPv6 was created so we could continue to have an internet when we're out of IPv4 addresses. We're not out of IPv4 addresses yet. How can IPv6 be a failure at this point?

because of
ongoing FUD regarding so called 'routing table explosion' that even IPv4 is
still susceptible to,

We've managed to make a fairly big mess of IPv4 in 25 years. Yes, it still works but it's not pretty. IPv6 is supposed to last a lot longer than 25 years, so explosions of any kind are to be discouraged.