Re: Flow label and its uses

Fred Baker wrote:
personally, I would label it reserved. I think the authors of RFC 3697 see it as something akin to a 20 bit DSCP, and if someone wants to see it that way it's fine by me. In any event, that is an ipv6wg question more than a v6ops question.

Indeed. And it isn't "reserved"; it *is* part of the header with the
semantics defined to the extent of RFC 3697. My point is that people
who want to use it, e.g. for load balancing, ought to be writing
drafts.

   Brian