RE: Final call for consensus poll for IANA #409959 NAS-Port-Type value request

> Given that all these values are to be registered as a block, and the majority of the proposed values have a big question mark for me, I can't help but say No.

I think we need to get these question marks discussed before saying no.

Historically, the NAS-port-type is associated with the L1/L2 port over which the “access” service is provided. But with the new use of RADIUS, this view is no longer applicable. Again, consider a Mobile IP Home Agent node implementing RADIUS client for AAAing the MN’s registration requests. The L1/L2 port that receives the MN registration request has no significance, and it can be one of many types. Here, our thinking is, the “logical” port is the “Mobile IP Home Agent”, and that has nothing to do with the L1/L2 port.

What do people think?

Alper