Re: Reviewing is needed, FW: New Version Notification for draft-ietf-softwire-6rd-radius-attrib-00

Sheng Jiang wrote:
> Thanks so much for your valuable comments. Most of them are addressed in the next version. A couple
> of explanation is below.
>
> We rename the attribute "6rd-Configuration". 6rd is a term for "IPv6 rapid deployment mechanism".
> It cannot be replaced by other name.

  That makes no sense.  The name has *no* impact on the protocol.  It
could be named "XYZ-Foo", and still have the same functionality.

  The name *does* have impact on administrators of RADIUS systems, and
implementors of RADIUS specifications.  Using a name that follows
existing RADIUS naming practices is a good idea.  The above name does
*not* follow existing RADIUS naming practices.

  Again, using a name such as "IPv6-RD-Configuration", or
"IPv6-6rd-Configuration" *would* follow existing RADIUS naming
practices, with no loss of functionality or clarity.

> We have edited the length description like below, hope it is ok.
>
> "20 + n*4 (the length of the entire attribute in octets; n stands the number of BR IPv4 addresses,
> minimum n is 1)."

  That's fine.