Re: Draft of extensions format

On Mon, 6 Sep 2010, Peter Deacon wrote:

8.2.
The type tree does not provide guidance WRT how to form a vendor specific identifier. With the 8-bit field restriction there does not seem to be a possible way that it could be used to label VSAs using extension attributes.

I was looking for a globally unique reference but I don't think this was the intention.. It would be kind of nice to have one identifier that would fully describe the attribute.

Perhaps consider carving an exception to 8-bit integers for VSAs spaces that are allowed to have their own vendor types so the naming scheme would work for existing VSAs with 16-bit types.

regards,
Peter