Re: [radext] #32: Section 2.2

Dave Nelson wrote:
> Once again, I don't support the conflation of vendors and SDOs.  We do want
> non-IETF SDOs to use the VSA mechanism, primarily to conserve the scarce
> pool of IANA-assigned code points.  However, I'm convinced that sending the
> message that what another standards organization does is of no more
> importance or consequence than the activity of a single vendor is a mistake.

  A single vendor still expects their equipment to be used in a wide
variety of circumstances.  Experience shows that vendors who have
significant sales can have their non-standard formats adopted by all
major RADIUS servers.

  The same applies to SDOs.

  I think that the discussion about "not suitable for general use" is
really "not suitable for standardization through the IETF".  As such,
vendors and SDOs fall into the same non-IETF category.