Re: (repost) Reminder for review of Design Guidelines document

Bernard Aboba wrote:
> The changes made in -12 largely relate to the organizational issues
> brought up by Hannes.

  And others.

> Therefore it would appear that Issue 327 remains open, and possibly some
> of the concerns expressed by Avi and others relating to Issue 325.

  Issue #325 has been addressed in -12.  Issue #327 is being worked on.
 All other concerns are either addressed in -12, or are out of scope of
the document.

> As a result, it would appear that there is still WG consensus against
> publication of the document.

  Given the volume of criticism directed against the document, and the
strong desire that it be re-organized, I would hope that people care
enough to review the -12 version, which directly addresses their
concerns.  If their concerns aren't strong enough to warrant a review of
-12, then I suggest that the concerns aren't serious.

  I will review the text suggested in issue #327 for inclusion in the
next rev of the document.  But the document has changed substantially
since the review was made, and portions of the suggestions are no longer
relevant.

  If there are no other concerns with -12, then I suggest that we do a
-13 addressing issue #327, and call the document "finished".