Re: Review of draft-ietf-radext-status-server-05 (Part II)

Ignacio Goyret wrote:
>>> [BA] You might say that the server MUST ignore other attributes.
>                                       ^^^^
> Why MUST?
>
> Shouldn't that be up to the server's local policy?
> What if the server needs/wants to check one of those extra attributes?
> (possibly including vendor-specific attributes)

  What are the checks for?  The only possible decision that can be made
is whether or not to reply to a Status-Server.

  Would it be useful to allow a server to *not* respond, if it saw a VSA
with a particular value?

  I could see this being useful for checking "liveliness" of upstream
realms.  But some providers have dozens, if not hundreds of realms, and
this functionality gets awkward pretty quickly.