Re: Proposed resolution to guidelines document

Bernard Aboba wrote:
> [BA] Is this referring to the "opaque data" case?

  Not really.  There are cases discussed in Appendix B where it's deemed
"acceptable" to have non-opaque data in complex types.

  I think the discussion on the list highlights that we could make it
clearer that the SHOULD recommendations for using simple data types are
not "bats with which to attack people".

  Adding text to explain the meaning of "SHOULD" in excruciating detail
could negate a lot of the worries about the terrible impact of
recommending simplicity.