Diameter Considerations Section

Greg Weber said:
"     In section 4.1 of RFC 3588, I see:
     Unless otherwise noted, AVPs will have the following default AVP
     Flags field settings:
        The 'M' bit MUST be set.  The 'V' bit MUST NOT be set.

Is the M-bit supposed to be set for these RADIUS attrs?"

Jari Arkko said:

"Good question. Based on Section 1.3 of the vlan document,
I believe the M bit may have to be set in AA-Answer message.
There may be other issues like that -- please review the text
carefully."

Given the security implications I think that the 'M' bit must be set for the Egress-VLANID, Ingress-Fitlers, and Egress-VLAN-Name attributes and may or may not be set for the User-Priority-Table attribute. Here is the modified text:

  When used in Diameter, the attributes defined in this specification
  can be used as Diameter AVPs from the Code space 1-255 (RADIUS
  attribute compatibility space). No additional Diameter Code values
  are therefore allocated. The data types and flag rules for the
  attributes are as follows:

                                 |    AVP Flag rules   |
                                 |    |     |SHLD| MUST|    |
  Attribute Name      Value Type |MUST| MAY | NOT|  NOT|Encr|
  Egress-VLANID       OctetString| M  |  P  |    |  V  | Y  |
  Ingress-Filters     Enumerated | M  |  P  |    |  V  | Y  |
  Egress-VLAN-Name    UTF8String | M  |  P  |    |  V  | Y  |
  User-Priority-Table OctetString|    | M,P |    |  V  | Y  |