On the other hand...

If a business introduces a new product and the customers seem to prefer, or
even demand the old one (remember "New" Coke) a smart business manager
follows the market lead.

If the IETF were to design a "New" protocol designed to update and replace
an older one and people still wanted to stay with the older one, for
whatever reasons, would the IETF ever simply say "we may have made a
mistake."

I don't propose to know what the metrics of acceptance or rejection of a
protocol are, but we certainly cannot believe that a standards body, even
the IETF, is above the possibility of error and that we would never
introduce a turkey of an RFC.

Don't take this as an obtuse suggestion that the RADIUS-EXT BOF should be
directed any differently than it is now.  But, we should keep our eyes open
and stay tuned-in to what gets built, implemented AND installed in the AAA
world.  The fastest way to extinction is to ignore a changing environment.

See y'all on Friday

Richard