RE: Question About Task #6 in the Charter

>I should have asked this when the Charter was out for review,
>but I somehow missed the opportunity. It is not too late
>however, to ask now for clarification. I am confused by the
>need to select or define a new protocol. Should the same protocol
>be used for packet selection, report, and export? Is this
>sampler MIB an SMIv2 MIB?

MIB is not the territory of configuration management alone. There are
lot of stuff in MIB which might be useful in many other places.

The recent interest is measuring application level performance
(for example IP telephony performance measurement.) Hence,will the
group also work on defining MIB objects for such performace
measurements or is it out of scope?

The frame work document also talks a possible example use of psamp
as observation of network behaviour. For example, some of the packet based
intrusion detection methods (like Bro.) cannot provide all the packets of
interest or do not accurately define the exact format of our interest.
So, should we also come up with some MIB objects for mechanisms like
packet capture?

Thanks,
-senthil.