Question About Task #6 in the Charter

Title: Question About Task #6 in the Charter

>6. Configuration and Management. Define a packet sampler MIB to reside

>   at the network element, including parameters for packet selection,

>   packet report and stream format, and export. Select or define a

>   communication protocol to configure/read this MIB.

I should have asked this when the Charter was out for review, but I somehow missed the opportunity. It is not too late however, to ask now for clarification. I am confused by the need to select or define a new protocol. Should the same protocol be used for packet selection, report, and export? Is this sampler MIB an SMIv2 MIB?

Thanks,

Dan