RE: NIM BoF

I think this is a good idea to take into account the work done within TINA
based on ODP viewpoints. I did not follow the discussion on information and
data, but I do believe that information maps on informational ODP viewpoint
and data maps on Engineering viewpoint. An important work has also be
undertaken within ITU-T SG4/Q.18 (series G.85x) for the transport network
management. It should be useful to consider the model G.853.1 described
following the ODP information viewpoint. This model is based on G.805
concepts and is very similar to the NRIM model developped by TINA.

There is also a book explaining all these concepts : Achieving Global
Information Networking
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/0890069999/qid=965303519/sr=1-1/002-3
704918-4643250