RE: Methods in the NIM requirements

Comments inline.
Andrea

<arw> I would not want to second guess what statistics are needed.  But, in
as much as an info model should reflect pertinent data in a
repository/protocol independent manner, you may include SNMP statistics and
other real-time data in the model. This makes independent reference to the
data possible, for use (for example) in policies.

> Once we have the requirements and language selected, an interesting
> question is whether we want to separately represent "should be" and "is"
> states about devices.  My first reaction is that we need to represent
> "should be" and that other systems already deal with "is".  Sorry for the
> digression, lets try dealing with the ducks in order.

<arw> I would agree that this is an interesting question.  But, my first
reaction would be different than yours.