RE: Methods in the NIM requirements

I would consider an interesting separate question what real-time
information the information model needs to represent.  We are not after all
trying to take over the SNMP / RTFM job of deciding what statistics need to
be collected.
Once we have the requirements and language selected, an interesting
question is whether we want to separately represent "should be" and "is"
states about devices.  My first reaction is that we need to represent
"should be" and that other systems already deal with "is".  Sorry for the
digression, lets try dealing with the ducks in order.
Joel