Methods in the NIM requirements

I am really struggling with this thread. Here is my basic problem. In many
of the models I have seen (including some I have worked on), a class is
defined with a set of attributes that can be manipulated to affect
particular changes in the system that the object is meant to model. Hence,
the set of attributes provide an interface to the system being described. In
contrast, traditional OO design approaches suggest that an object has a set
of attributes that are not directly accessable except with the use of
methods. Hence, the method is the interface to the object (and therefore the
system). If we want to incorporate methods in the NIM requirements, then the
methods should represent the primary interface, obviating the need for most
attributes (except as parameter definitons for the methods).

regards,

-Walter