RE: Closing on NIM requirements

At 19:22 17.04.2000 -0700, Durham, David wrote:
>Yes, I see the importance of methods, but where to start and where to stop?
>I would like to start with the definition of data. Next, move this strictly
>declarative model into a functional model:
>
>Describe wheels: Round, rubber, etc.

>Describe wheel operations: Turn(), StopTurning(), etc.
but the rubberness of the wheel has no interest if the property we're
looking to model is the RotationsPerMinute property....and the network
model probably needs no representation of the thickness of a router's chassis.

modelling is also the art of throwing away information not relevant to the
model's purpose.

                  Harald

Harald.Alvestrand@edb.maxware.no