NETCONF Notifications Issues List

Hi,

I started an issues list for the discussion at the IETF meeting.
Many sections are blank, which means there are either no problems
or no comments made recently on that topic.  I really hope everyone
in the WG takes the time to read this draft and send comments to
the WG mailing list.  We need to get this document ready for WG Last Call.

1) Design

2) RPC Methods
  - create-subscription
    - why isn't there a stop-time in the replay capability?  [BL]
    - why stop notifications after replay (e.g. no tail -f mode) [BL]

3) Filters

4) Capabilities

5) <notification> Element

6) Data Models
  - Why do we need to query the notification subscriptions? [BL]
  http://ops.ietf.org/lists/netconf/netconf.2006/msg01226.html

7) Syntax (General XSD issues)
  - Why do we need 3 namespaces? [BL]
  - The XML Schema should start with a top level element (e.g. <top>)
    and specify the containing elements all the way down. [BL]
  http://ops.ietf.org/lists/netconf/netconf.2006/msg01226.html

8) Documentation (Organization, clarity, references, bugs)
  - assorted comments and corrections (10/24/06 email) [BL]
    http://ops.ietf.org/lists/netconf/netconf.2006/msg01227.html

  - assorted comments and corrections (10/24/06 email) [MB]
    http://ops.ietf.org/lists/netconf/netconf.2006/msg01228.html

  - notification-03 review [BW]
    http://ops.ietf.org/lists/netconf/netconf.2006/msg01165.html

9) Security Considerations

  - Need paragraph stating that security threats are handled during
    NETCONF session establishment, and the notification mechanism
    does not introduce any new threats, since any data available
through <notification> can also be made available to the <get> RPC. [DR]

10) Transport Mappings

  - Which transports must be supported in version 1.0?

  - Document packaging
Include in Notifications RFC or create 2 separate RFCs? 4 separate RFCs?

  - SOAP needs a lot of specification work; not going to hold up the entire
    work item waiting for this document. [AB]

  - SOAP could use Ajax Push design [TG]
    http://ops.ietf.org/lists/netconf/netconf.2006/msg01216.html