Re: action RPC I-D

Hello,

David B Harrington wrote:
Hi,

At the IAB Workshop, one of the strong points was that operators want
to be able to "read" the content on the wire. Adding such regex
formatting will make the content much less human-friendly.
You do not need regexp formating for action. I put in callingPoint just to avoid this. Where do you see regular expressions in the draft?

I think the action increases the difficulty of access control
specification, and increases the likelihood of non-interoperable
commands.
I believe that there will always be vendor specific actions as there are vendor specific CLI commands today. For me the question is really just how to handle them? <action> operation or new operation every time. If you have an <action> operation defined in the data model then at least you have a place to put the access control information (in the DM). How does using separate new operations defined in a non machine digestible document make access control easier ?

Balazs