Re: Issues for a bit more Discussion - Netconf Notifications

For SOAP we would need to describe that a separate HTTP
connection is opened for notifications and that the requests
for notifications may block for extended periods.
(It will take more than a paragraph to describe this precisely.)

However, if we allow that notifications need not be delivered
while another operation is in progress and we allow empty
notification responses, then a single HTTP connection could
be used effectively (with HTTP pipelining).

This is the technique that people are using with "Ajax Push".

Ted.