Re: Verbs Again (was RE: draft-shafer-netconf-syslog-00.txt)

I think before the data models themselves we will have to tackle something like the SMI first, that is rules for building data models.
e.g. standard datatypes, documentation rules, etc.
Balazs

Phil Shafer wrote:
Andy Bierman writes:
There are many people (including myself) who believe that
standard configuration data models are a critical component
to a complete standards based solution for network configuration.

I completely agree that standard configuration data models are
critical, but I do not agree that they are trivial.  I think this
is the next big hurdle for this working group.  The question on the
floor is whether we should stop other work until we have a real
meta-model for configuration and a way of specifying standard data
models that will work in the real world.  If so, let's stop talking
about notifications and get our butts in gear on modeling.

Thanks,
 Phil