RE: Event classes

Hi,

It's important to separate atomic event names from their
associated event metadata (e.g., severity of informational,
warning, critical) - one event, multiple contexts.

FWIW, the Printer MIB (RFC 1759/3805) defined 'prtAlertCode'
(of type 'PrtAlertCodeTC') with the following event metadata:

prtAlertSeverityLevel       PrtAlertSeverityLevelTC,
prtAlertTrainingLevel       PrtAlertTrainingLevelTC,
prtAlertGroup               PrtAlertGroupTC,
prtAlertGroupIndex          Integer32,
prtAlertLocation            Integer32,
prtAlertDescription         PrtLocalizedDescriptionStringTC,
prtAlertTime                TimeTicks

'prtAlertTrainingLevel' describes the necessary training to
handle the event (fieldService, trained, untrained, etc.).

Cheers,
- Ira

Blue Roof Music / High North Inc
PO Box 221  Grand Marais, MI  49839