more fun with the operation attribute

Hi,

The processing model (and sequence) within a netconf PDU is not
actually defined.  I believe our term for it is 'data-model specific'.
The problem is that our data modeling language(s) don't really
provide any help here.

Consider this PDU, where the <users> table is allowed to have one entry
per each value of the key (name).  In the target data model, the <users>
container exists, but is empty.

<rpc message-id="101">
<edit-config>
 <config>
   <users>
     <user operation="create">
       <name>fred</name>
       <type>admin</admin>
     </user>
     <user operation="create">
       <name>fred</name>
       <type>admin</admin>
     </user>
     <user operation="create">
       <name>fred</name>
       <type>guest</admin>
     </user>
     <user operation="merge">
       <name>fred</name>
       <type>admin</admin>
     </user>
     <user operation="replace">
       <name>fred</name>
       <type>staff</admin>
     </user>
   </users>
 </config>
</edit-config>
</rpc>

Remember that we have no "as-if-simultaneous" rules in netconf
like in snmp.  AFAIK, we don't have any rules that explicitly
permit or prohibit this.  Nor do we have any clue what the
standard result of the operation would be after this RPC,
if it did succeed.  That is also data-model specific.

Don't you love corner-cases?
So what should the proper standard response to this PDU be, if any?

Andy