Re: max-access: access control model discussion

HI,

So it looks like you have also misinterpreted what
"MODULE-COMPLIANCE" and "AGENT-CAPABILITIES" are to
be used for.

A MODULE-COMPLIANCE is a "requirements specification".
It can be used in standards documents to say in
a formal way what must be implemented by an SNMP agent
to conform to the standard. It can also be used in
a Request for Proposal to indicate what you want.
And finally, it can be used by management applications
to say what must be implemented by an SNMP agent so
that the management app can work.

A AGENT-CAPABILITIES is a formal specification of
what is implemented by an SNMP agent. It doesn't
indicate what instances are presently in existance.

Are MODULE-COMPLIANCE and AGENT-CAPABILITIES used?
This is an long running question, with a very
spotty answer. Part of it's problem is with
the definition of what "implemented by the SNMP
agent" means.

Regards,
/david t. perkins