Re: max-access: access control model discussion

Let's assume we have the following data model:

<if>
  <name>eth0</name>
  <opstate>up</opstate>
</if>

- if can be created/deleted max-access: all
- name must be created together with if max-access: all
- opstate is a read only variable that might be created automatically by the managed system max-access: read-only

If I want to create <if> can I create the read-only <opstate> object or do I have to rely on the managed system to automaticaly create it ?

What are the correct max-access setting ? (The question is the same both for Andy's and Sharon's solution.)

Balazs