FYI: IPFIX XML work

Hi,

I think you should read Appendix A of the IPFIX Info Model draft:

http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ipfix-info-11.txt

IMO, it would be a *really* bad idea for every std NM protocol with
DM info (snmp, syslog, ipfix, netconf, ?) to invent their own
DM language, module & life-cycle system, access control model,
core info model, naming model, and on and on...

Dan, I think you should force the IPFIX WG to break out (at least)
the core set of 'XML Simple Types' from this document
and let all the OPS-NM WGs review it and add/change it.
Then it should be published as a PS RFC, and all XML DM work
in the IETF must use those data types, if they apply.

By the time one figures out the "free-for-all" approach doesn't work,
it is usually too late to fix it.

Andy