Re: The datamodel in Notification Draft

Hello,

Andy Bierman wrote:

Currently we have 3 transport SSH, BEEP and SOAP so UDP would be something new. Do you suggest we should go for UDP or what is your proposal ?

No -- you are missing my point.
I am not convinced that netconf is an appropriate protocol
to replace the functionality of syslog.  I would just
use syslog if I wanted a notification system that scales.
If I wanted a nice-to-have feature to make NMS netconf dev-work
a little easier, I would consider using netconf notifications.

OK I would say let's kick out syslog (I don't need it). For other event classes would you like to have long life sessions with session maintenance and reuse or session set up for every notification or ???
I go with Sharon who opted for reuse in the draft.

Balazs

PS. For me the non-syslog part is really important not just nice-to-have.