Re: manager subscription model for notifications: usage survey

David B Harrington wrote:
Hi,

Not trying to impress, just pointing out the need for scalability to
more than 10k or 30k devices, and the need to keep things simple.

The management was very simple as far as I know. It was an academic
campus. Management included initial configuration for things like "who
should I talk to?" and notifications when items in the vending
machines ran low. This saved a lot of "polling" by humans having to go
to the physical machines. I'm not sure how much other management was
done.

Not sure if 'scalability' and 'simplicity' are in
the requirements list.

So do you think the current draft meets these requirements?
If not, then any suggested changes would also be helpful.

We need to move from an abstract discussion to a review
of the current draft.

dbh

Andy