Re: requirement: agent initiated session support

Hector Trevino (htrevino) wrote:
The main body of the netconf-notif doc does not describe this but
Appendix B.4 discusses potential protocol enhancements to support
NETCONF server session initiation. One of the use cases mentioned there
is "call home".
The same appendix also mentions the subscription info persistency issue
that you talk about below. It is suggested as a potential enhnacement
but if you want "simple" then this is not a needed feature. The document
does not discuss a notification logging feature because it is not a
protocol feature (it is a system/model capability)- although it could be
added. So, I agree w/your comment about this being a problem but if
we're limited to protocol discussion then can't be addressed in the doc.

There's a lot of unspecified details in that appendix.
How does the manager know that some agent that initiates
the session wants it to invoke a <create-subscription> RPC?

The whole approach seems extra complicated for no apparent reason,
if I just want the agent to connect to a notification receiver
application using a pre-configured profile.

Hector

Andy