Re: Notifications with config change

If we agree that Netconf based network managers do need notifications I wonder if the "increase in complexity" is really true. Yes netconf itself will be more complicated, but on the other hand for a manager to do configuration via netconf and receive notifications via something else (e.g. syslog) seems complicated as well.
Balazs

David T. Perkins wrote:
Note that I realize that the above benefits come
with costs, and they include:
1) an increase in complexity of the NETCONF protocol

--
Balazs Lengyel                       Ericsson Hungary Ltd.
TSP System Manager