RE: Interim attendance survey

Andy,

As I said I am not opposed to an interim meeting. In fact I am in favor
anything that can help us make progress.

I would however not tightly couple holding an interim with the success
of the NETCONF notifications work, or completion of the charter and
present the interim as a 'last chance' opportunity.

For somebody looking from the outside the NETCONF WG may seem actually
in rather good shape.  All due milestones are completed, we have an
initial submission for the only remaining charter item - notifications
and we have still six months ahead until we need to submit a
notifications document at the required level of consensus for WGLC. This
is good in IETF terms nowadays. I am aware that this good shape is
apparent, and there is little agreement on the problem space, and too
little review of the draft that includes a proposed solution even to
determine the level of agreement. I would encourage the WG to focus on
discussing the problem space (why are we doing notifications?) and the
draft and other options for solutions more intensively on the list. Let
us see in the next couple of weeks if we can reach more convergence on
the 'why' and 'how' questions.

If we do have contributions about the scope and reviews of the draft and
solutions on the list we have a chance to better converge and reach
agreement. If the level of apathy stays the same, I am not sure that a
partially attended interim meeting would help.

Regards,

Dan