Re: Notification Message Processing Model

Hello,
It would be very useful if notifications could somehow reference a netconf RPC. I forsee a long running RPC that feeds back multiple results to the netconf manager (could be progress indication or something more serious). We could implement this using a set of notifications that contain a reference to the RPC.

I see that this can be solved without a combined rpc/notification connection but it might be easier putting both on the same channel.

I believe that while normal usage would be to have a separate connection for notifications and normal operations, but I feel we could still allow notifications on the normal operations channel.

Balazs