RE: Notification Message Processing Model

HT: I think dedicated sessions/channles should be used. But we can't
disallow the use of mixed rpcs and notifications because there're
situations in which you may need to issue rpcs on a notification
session/channel (as per my example). I say it is a lose-lose situation
because if someone decides to use a single session for both then chances
are the operational needs will not be satisfied w/o adding much
complexity.

> >One thing that could be done if need be is to allow configuration of
> >priorities (prioritize rpcs over notifications or viceversa
> but that's
> >about it) & things run to completion.
>
> This seems like adding more complexity to handle the
> additional complexity of a complex solution.
>
> A long-lived RPC running on a distinct channel is trivial and
> is allowed within the existing netconf spec for no additional
> protocol-level work.  Just make a capability that defines
> your RPCs and you are golden.

HT: Yes, agree w/you. Simply was saying that if we need to do something
then it needs to be relatively simple. But my preference to avoid any
additional work & complexity.