Re: Informal Issue summary for Netconf Notification

Hello Sharon,
I think some guidelines about this question should be included in the notifications draft so people understand the situation the possibilities and the consequences. We can argue whether they should be in the main part or an Annex.

Balazs

Sharon Chisholm wrote:
hi

Well, I would say it isn't a gating problem, because people can choose
to use separate sessions if they think the command will take a long
time. It's a reasonable workaround since I don't think configuration
connections would be as long lived.

The problem could be solved via some sort of fragmentation mechanism for
large commands, but I don't think we need it yet. Retrieving active
alarm list is an interesting case where you would want them to be on the
session, but we have an event-replay mechanism where this isn't a
problem.

If resources are tight and they really only want one connection, then
multiple channel support seems to be the better solution.

Sharon