RE: use of netconf to configure Unix systems

Hi,

Specious arguments, Andy.

The "Well Known Port" range has 1,024 slots and 70% consumed.

The "Registered Port" range has over 48,000 slots and 12% consumed.

Most new IETF protocols have NOT been given "Well Known Port"
assignments in recent years.  The only justification for Netconf
would be that it will be a critical system service for MOST
end and intermediate systems, intended to entirely supplant the
alternatives - such a usage profile is ludicrous in any possible
future.

Cheers,
- Ira

Blue Roof Music / High North Inc