Re: DISCUSS: draft-ietf-netconf-beep

Eliot Lear wrote:

> No, my personal preference is to go with two capabilities.  Barring
> objections from WG I will send proposed text later today.

I'm sorry.  I needed a boot to the head.  Here is a method that does not
require two capabilities.

New text after 2.1p2:

    After all BEEP greeting messages are exchanged in order for roles to
    be clear,  the agent MUST advertise the NETCONF profile.  The
    manager MUST NOT advertise the NETCONF profile.   If the agent side
    of the communication (either initiator or listener) receives a BEEP
    <greeting> element that contains the NETCONF profile, it MUST close
    the connection.  Similarly, if neither side issues a NETCONF profile
    it is equally an error, and the listener MUST close the connection.

Discussion

No new profiles are needed using this scheme.

Eliot