RE: how people implement <filter> in netconf over SOAP?

Thanks for replying.

Yes I am aware of that the filter selection model is vendor specific, as
described in the spec.  Just wonder how you as a "vendor" implement this.

One way to do it would be to hard-code your specific selection model into
your SOAP skeleton code, for example, use type mapping in gSoap.  That will
avoid the XML parsing, but still, you are dealing with struct within struct
within struct, in C term.  The other way is what I have suspected, and
probably should be a new project like Ted Goddard suggested when I
communicated with him a while back, to have a toolkit that handles the
struct within struct within struct, to have a straight forward handling
function like

   getFilterData(target t)

The other problem that I have with the current netconf design is that it
doesn't allow vendors a chance to reinforce the schema, at the filter level
or at the config level, since there is no mechanism to show the data model
within the SOAP netconf wsdl, which leave a big hole in web services.  Not
sure how people deal with this problem.  Any suggesstion is highly
appreciated.

-Zihong