Re: Notification architecture

On Tue, Jan 24, 2006 at 04:57:30PM -0500, Sharon Chisholm wrote:

> As far as sessions go, the network element would not have to maintain
> that many, perhaps only one, to the management application, so I am
> guessing you are asking about the management application. Management
> applications today that use things like TL1 and some proprietary
> protocols are used to connection-oriented management and see to cope OK.
> There is likely overhead, but they also save on not having to run keep
> polling the SNMP agent to ensure it can still talk to the device. I
> might look around to see if I can find any hard numbers (and if I can
> share them).

I posted some numbers to this list on Wed, 6 Jul 2005 17:25:38 +0200
under the thread "Scalability of Netconf". There were also some related
postings and hence I suggest that people go back to the archives.

/js

--
Juergen Schoenwaelder		    International University Bremen
<http://www.eecs.iu-bremen.de/>	    P.O. Box 750 561, 28725 Bremen, Germany