Re: [802.1] MIB definitions for Link Aggregation

Something else I noticed that is possibly wrong with this MIB, from
running it through our compiler:

dot3adTablesLastChangedGroup OBJECT-GROUP
    OBJECTS {
        dot3adTablesLastChanged
    }
    STATUS   current
    DESCRIPTION
        "A collection of objects providing information about the
        time of changes to the configuration of aggregations and
        their ports."
::= { dot3adAggGroup 6 }

This was probably intended to be { dot3adAggGroups 6 } as with the other
groups defined within the module.  Probably a typo, but also a lot of
compilers will complain about (and some will be unable to work with) the
fact that a group is defined subordinate to another group.

This module appears to have been last updated 3 years ago, and not being
familiar with it I don't know if this is a "known" thing and people have
implemented it as dot3adAggGroups.6 or if (likely) it's stuck the way it
is due to revision rules (which would require a different descriptor for
the group if fixed, as well as new descriptors and OIDs for any compliance
statements that reference the group).  I've copied the listed contact for
the MIB so they are aware of the 802dot3 issue as well as this item, if
they're not already, and can make any changes they deem appropriate.

I suspect the issue below was probably brought up because someone's MIB
compiler rightly complained about '802dot3' but didn't give a sufficiently
clear error message.  The issue below is one of legality, the issue above
is one only of compatibility.

--
Michael Kirkham
www.muonics.com