Re: [idn] I-D ACTION:draft-jseng-idn-admin-01.txt

--On Tuesday, 22 October, 2002 10:55 -0700 Mark Davis
<mark.davis@jtcsv.com> wrote:

> Would there be any way to get the policy on the format of
> internet drafts to be amended to allow UTF-8? It is pretty
> painful trying to read documents when the actual characters
> cannot be used.

Mark,

I understand that this draft was submitted in both ASCII and
PDF.  The PDF form contains the Chinese characters but,
apparently, there is no way to get those posted as I-Ds
(especially this close to an IETF and the cutoff dates), even
though RFCs can be published that way.

I trust the IESG will take this up at some appropriate time.

James, in the interim, would there be some way to put the PDF up
somewhere from which it could be retrieved by FTP or HTTP and to
tell participants in this WG where to find it?

thanks,
    john