Re: [idn] length restrictions on IDN label

At 11:43 AM +0900 10/14/02, Soobok Lee wrote:
Then,
U+AC00 x 56 times (in my previous posting) is a valid label conforming to RFC1035 ?
and its equivalent ACE label (of 63 octets ) is a valid label ?
If it follows the rules for ToASCII, yes.

  UTF8-encoded IDN labels are not governed by RFC1035 length restrictions ?
There is no such thing. IDN labels are always encoded in ASCII following the rules of STD 13, just as it says in the draft.

IDNA contains brand new length restrictions for 8bit labels which obsoletes RFC1035 ?
No. Where in the draft do you see such "brand new length restrictions"?

The current goal of the WG is to fix any unclear statements in the document. We can't do that if you don't say exactly what text you find unclear.

--Paul Hoffman, Director
--Internet Mail Consortium