Re: [idn] Document Status?

> > 1. registry vs Nameprep
> >
> > I have already answered you the Nameprep is okay. You have not make a
case
> > registry mapping is going to be a problem.
>
> I and others already listed the case in this list.
> the mapping won't be reflected in protocols and application comparisons
> unlike that caseinsensitive matching of ASCII names.

I did not hear other but I certainly hear you.

And I responsed to you why your "mapping" problem isnt a problem. You have
not stated why my reasoning is wrong or otherwise.

> > 2. "ambiguity" of Nameprep/IDNA
> >
> > You have only stated your opinion it is ambigous. You have absolute
right to
> > do so.
> > But you have not stated any technical reasons why.
>
> You keep on insisting that IDN introduces no new security problem than
that of
> '0' and 'o' in ASCII names.

Did I insist that IDN introduce no new security? I think you hear it in your
dreams. I suggest you read the new security consideration in the existing
drafts (Stringprep particularly).

> But that is not correct. IDN introduce the problem
> of look-exactly-identical chars. That was not in ASCII names.

And your proposal draft is...?

-James Seng