Re: [idn] Document Status?

----- Original Message -----
From: "James Seng" <jseng@pobox.org.sg>
To: "Soobok Lee" <lsb@postel.co.kr>; "IETF idn working group" <idn@ops.ietf.org>
Sent: Friday, September 13, 2002 12:02 PM
Subject: Re: [idn] Document Status?

> Change topic again? How typical :-)

What change ? Track the history of ambiguity and zone admin problems in
this list.

> Lets get back: There is two topic here.
>
> 1. registry vs Nameprep
>
> I have already answered you the Nameprep is okay. You have not make a case
> registry mapping is going to be a problem.

I and others already listed the case in this list.
the mapping won't be reflected in protocols and application comparisons
unlike that caseinsensitive matching of ASCII names.

> 2. "ambiguity" of Nameprep/IDNA
>
> You have only stated your opinion it is ambigous. You have absolute right to
> do so.
> But you have not stated any technical reasons why.

You keep on insisting that IDN introduces no new security problem than that of
'0' and 'o' in ASCII names. But that is not correct. IDN introduce the problem
of look-exactly-identical chars. That was not in ASCII names.

Soobok Lee