Re: [idn] Figuring out what can be displayed

--On Wednesday, 11 September, 2002 14:51 +0200 Erik Nordmark
<Erik.Nordmark@sun.com> wrote:

> The thing for which I suggested new text, based on the
> comments on the list, is careful to talk about "use" - not
> "display".
> The term "use" covers everything - copy&paste, display, write
> to stdout in Unix (which might be a pipe), etc.
>
> Discussing specific uses, such as display or copy&paste, would
> be better served  by a well-written informational document.

While I agree with this in principle, I note that such a
document, to be useful, has to get published.  It isn't on the
WG's charter, and my sense from watching the RFC Editor queue is
that "individual contribution" informational documents are being
processed FINO (first-in, never-out), i.e., it is not moving at
all.

     john