Re: [idn] Document Status?

At 05:38 PM 9/3/2002 -0400, Edmon Chung wrote:
I cannot agree more to Eric's analogy.  To me the key is that IDN has to be
used in multiple apps and it is therefore important we consider that.
TCP is used in multiple apps. I guess we had better not standardize it until we have considered that.

HTTP is used in multiple apps. I guess we...

You are confusing host-specific implementation issues with network protocol issues.

> Furthermore, MIME and its constituent application protocols are being
> extended so that binary data *CAN* be transferred ...

This is what IDNA has not provided us with and what we probably should
consider.  I am not sure when... but now might be a good time to start.
Actually, now is a particularly bad time to start.

Starting now provides excellent distraction from the necessary focus on the immediate work, namely IDNA.

d/

Dave Crocker <mailto:dave@tribalwise.com>
TribalWise, Inc. <http://www.tribalwise.com>
tel +1.408.246.8253; fax +1.408.850.1850