Re: [idn] Document Status?

At 01:59 PM 9/3/2002 -0400, Edmon Chung wrote:
I am just saying that it is important to make clear what the "standard" is
and what the "transition" might look like.
A standard is what we are specifying now and what will be used now.

Anything for the future is just that. For the future.

Having a discussion about possible transition issues and targets is fine, but it is not fine to deprecate the current work as "merely" transitional.

Something that is going to be used for more than a decade is more than transitional.

d/

Dave Crocker <mailto:dave@tribalwise.com>
TribalWise, Inc. <http://www.tribalwise.com>
tel +1.408.246.8253; fax +1.408.850.1850