Re: [idn] Re: Document Status?

----- Original Message -----
From: "YangWoo Ko" <newcat@spsoft.co.kr>
To: "IETF idn working group" <idn@ops.ietf.org>
Sent: Monday, September 02, 2002 1:59 PM
Subject: Re: [idn] Re: Document Status?

> Dear all,
>
> Why should IETF WG handle implementation issues of specific OS/GUI ?
> What about just let others handle them ?

Implementation specifics and implementability issues are different. The latter
one may be one of architectural/security issues which we should discuss on.

> Is it possible to remove every application-related features out of IDNA
> document except IDN being ACE encoded somewhere and somehow outside of
> DNS ? Does it help or harm ?

If you begin to remove those features, only Punycode draft  will remain in the pool.
IDN is not only a problem of DNS server/client, but also problems around applications
which uses domain names as *local* identifiers and do comparisons on them.

Soobok Lee