Re: [idn] Document Status?

At 11:31 PM 9/1/2002 -0400, John C Klensin wrote:
the IDN WG's output constitutes a (or several) significant change(s) in how the DNS is used and interpreted,
1. IDNA makes no changes to DNS "semantics" and no changes to basic DNS use.

2. IDNA increases the set of valid domain name characters from a subset of ASCII to a subset of Unicode.

3. IDNA uses an encoding trick of the type used in MIME, to provide an upgrade path that has minimal impact on the installed base, yet permits interoperability.

If one of them is that we have moved from "characters" to "bits that represent...",
It is NOT one of the changes.